Sunday, May 6, 2012

To all who come to this happy place...WELCOME!


I have just returned home from a fantastic week long adventure in Disneyland in California. I just finished university and my mom and sisters and I went to the happiest place on Earth to celebrate! It was a lot of fun and it made me realize just how lucky I am to be in a position in my life to have just finished a post-secondary degree and be able to go on a vacation with my family (even if Dad had to stay home). I think that a lot of times people in this part of the world get caught up on all of the little things that go wrong in their lives, whether it be a stock losing value or getting a crack in your windshield and we forget just how lucky we are to live in a place where we can have a place in the economy or we can drive a car to work or school. We are truly lucky and blessed to live the lives we do.
After that little “micro-rant” I wanted to talk about an organization that I think is so cool! It is called Dreams Take Flight and it takes children from low income families and children who are sick in the hospital for a whirl wind day trip to Disneyland! It is truly my favourite place in the entire world and the idea that these kids get the chance to experience it makes it even more exciting. I hope that I can one day actively volunteer with this organization and even go with them to see the joy and excitement on the children’s faces as they walk through the gates to that magic place where you enter a world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.
 
 
"To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”
~ Walt Disney: July 17, 1955
 

No comments:

Post a Comment