Friday, April 27, 2012

And so the student becomes the teacher!


I’M DONE! I cannot believe that I have actually finished my university degree! I can now proudly write Shannon Robertson, B.Ed on anything I want! I feel so happy and blessed to be able to have a higher education and I truly believe that education is the most important thing in the world.
The Millennium Development Goals are so important to me not only because of the importance of reaching them, but also because of the work done at the Young Women’s World Forum in 2010. Achieving Universal Primary Education is something that must be completed by 2015 and once that happens, a lot of the other MDGs will simply fall into place. When there is universal education gender equality will be more attainable because boys and girls will have the same access to education. People will be more educated and therefore know more about preventing the spread of HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases. Being educated usually means getting a better job so poverty and hunger could rapidly decrease around the world. There are so many incredible benefits to having an education and I know that I am biased because I have chosen to become an educator, but honestly I believe that there is nothing more important than having an education.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.
B.B. King
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment