Thursday, May 31, 2012

GGC AGM! Not just an acronym!

This weekend I will be in Calgary participating in the annual general meeting for Girl Guides of Canada. I will be leading a members engagement table for a part of the day and then will give a brief 15-20 minute presentation about the YWWF2010 in the evening. I am really excite to have this opportunity and also connect with Girl Guides around the country to hear what they have to say about GGC. It is hard to believe that I still have something new to say about the Forum every time I speak even if it is a year and a half later. I hope that my presentation will be a source of inspiration for others to continue working on projects or start their own for projects to achieve things that are important to them!

And now for some shameless self promotion... Follow me on Twitter (@girlguidechange) for updates while I am at the AGM and of course I will update on the blog after the fact.
 
While I am talking about ways to connect with me I want to talk a bit about my website www.girlguideforchange.com. This website is about nine months old and is supposed to serve as a platform for members to talk to each other about their MDG projects and even just to connect with girls and women from around the world. But no one is signing up! L I want to have a contest for the first 10 people who sign up to win an exclusive Girl Guides for Change Prize Pack which will be delivered free of charge right to your address! If I saw something like this I would be pretty excited! If anyone has any suggestions about how to make my website better please let me know as I would love to get more people involved and talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment