Saturday, February 13, 2016

Dramatic Guide Meetings!

I have a very dramatic Guide unit. Not in the "they don't get along and cause a lot of problems" way, they are literally dramatic. They love putting on skits and plays and they would pick doing an improv game over any other activity 90% of the time. When the third year Guides said that they wanted to plan and run a meeting to complete the Performing Arts badge I thought, go for it!

 The third years decided that the unit would be divided into groups and plan, practice, and perform a skit with costumes and props. I had so many photos (as usual) of the meeting that I thought I would share them with you!  

This group was practicing being lost in the woods. 


Onto making masks, props, capes, and other costumes. I like that at the Guide level I can just put out the box of stuff and they just run with it! 




Another part of the badge is face painting, they went to town on this and I was actually pretty impressed with how realistic some of their face paint was!



This was definitely one of the more creative costumes from the meeting. She is dressed as a tree for the Lost in the Woods skit. I couldn't help but say, "I am Groot!" 

Note the dead bird on the tree branch...





The Superhero Skit was semi-improvised and I was pulled into an interrogation room demanding to know why I destroyed 500 cases of Girl Guide Cookies... It was a lot of fun and (un)fortunately it is all on video. 


The final product of the Lost in the Woods skit. 

I am so impressed by my group this year and I love being able to hand over the reins and let them lead activities at meetings. I hope that by letting them have the control of their own Guiding experience they will be confident, creative leaders in their lives. 

3 comments:

  1. These girls are so lucky to have leaders that encourage their creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article provides useful information and spreads the knowledge about the healthy life must read
    First Aid Certification in Highland

    ReplyDelete