Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tipi Camp Tales!

Somehow I chose the coldest weekend we have had in a long time to take my guide unit out to tipi camp... I have to say that I am so impressed with my girls- there was no complaining, lots of smiles, and a lot of fun had at camp! Fall is my favourite time of year for a number of reasons- one of them has to be that it is so colourful and beautiful. I enjoyed being out in nature with a great group of girls! 

Here was our home for the night... I have tipi camped as a girl, but never as a leader. A few of our girls had never been camping at all let alone in a tipi in negative temperatures! I was so proud (I will probably say that a lot in this post.) 

These mushrooms were everywhere! How can you not believe in faeries when you see things like this! 


The girls played a few active games to keep warm- this is one they made up themselves. I have no idea what they were doing, but they seemed to be having fun! 


In keeping with the tipi camp theme we made parfleches, a traditional pouch for carrying things, out of vinyl shelf liners, yarn, and coloured Sharpies. If you are interested in a tutorial for this craft let me know!  


Onto the nature walk.. so many beautiful fall colours, and the sun came out! The girls were so excited they were wearing only t-shirts in 5 degree weather. :)













The girls were having such a good time tromping through the woods! 




A few of the Guides made their own tipi out of sticks, I liked the contrast between their tipi and the real one. 


How perfect is this photo? Girl Guides at its finest... would be great for PR (just saying!). 



I didn't really take a ton of pictures in the evening and the next day, but it was a great camp! What a way to start the Guiding year! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment