Friday, October 4, 2013

Starting Back with a BANG!

I was lucky enough to start off the Guiding year by doing one of my favourite things... camping! My mom and sister run a Guide unit and asked me to help them out at camp. Because I am not in a unit this year I have decided I will be spending the Guiding year helping out where I am needed and go to as many camps as I can!

We started the morning with a pretty scary thing... cooking pancakes on camp stoves. Now to most people this would not be an issue, but when I was a junior leader in Guides it took nearly three hours to prepare, eat, and clean up from pancakes for breakfast... This guide group was awesome! I made a Mickey Mouse pancake to celebrate!


We made a really cool sun catcher craft that didn't turn out so well, but I will try making them again to do a post on. For now just look at the pretty beads and Popsicle sticks. :)



I think that one of the main focuses of camping with Guides is them learning how to cook at camp. It can take a ton of time and if they do all of the cooking that is all they would do! We split the cooking about half and half between the girls cooking for themselves and the leaders cooking.

 
The girls made their own shish kabobs and I cooked them for my patrol. I had a lot of fun getting to know the girls in my patrol and I thoroughly enjoyed cooking for them.
 
Changing the exposure settings on your camera and flinging glow sticks around can be a lot of fun! The pictures didn't turn out exactly how I wanted but they still look cool!


Campfire is and will always be my favourite part of camp. I love sitting around the fire at the end of the day and singing some of my favourite songs. What are your favourite camp songs?
  
 
This is a delicious treat we made in the fire. It is an apple with cinnamon, brown sugar, walnuts, and butter. You put it all together in some tinfoil and throw it into the fire to heat it up. It was delicious!
 
 
While fooling around some more with camera exposures and glow sticks I somehow made the perfect calligraphy K! If only I could write like this on paper!


 This picture is kind of a tradition I have had for a while. I take a picture of the same tree by the lake from the same spot every time I am out at camp. It is so cool to see how the same place changes over the course of the seasons.
  
 
This shot of the beautiful lake was a perfect way to end an amazing camp.
 
Thanks Guides for letting me come to camp with you. I had a lot of fun!
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment