Saturday, October 5, 2013

September is Gone Already?!

It is crazy to think that September is already gone! It has been a crazy month personally and in Guiding. I started off the school year without a hitch... the kids are great, I love my job, and it is so much fun!! :)

 
 
 
 
 
 The Guiding year started off with a bang as well! I went to camp with my mom and sister's unit and it was a lot of fun! I love being able to go out into the outdoors and just relax. I loved the fires, the crafts, the cooking, and the time to just be. That is something that I think is so important... being able to just be in the present moment of what you are doing and where you are. Camping really gives me that time to relax and unwind from all of the stresses of everyday life.
 
 
 
 
I also attended Standing Committee Workshop as part of the International team. I am newly in the position of WAGGGS Adviser so hopefully I will be getting things up about that soon!  Camp He Ho Ha is a really beautiful place and my favourite part of the weekend was being able to walk around and take pictures of the gorgeous scenery.
 
 
 
My area had a "back to Guiding" event at West Edmonton Mall in the amusement park Galaxyland. I was amazed by how many people attended and it was neat to see so many girls in uniform. I was not there for very long, but it was fun to just walk around and see all of the girls and their families having fun!

 
 
That is all for September, more is to come in October! Thanks for reading!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment