Sunday, October 6, 2013

Standing Committee Workshop 2013

I spent a weekend at Camp He Ho Ha a few weeks ago for the Standing Committee Workshop. I am a part of the International Committee as the Provincial WAGGGS adviser. I am new to the position and I am not entirely sure what I am going to be doing, but I will be updating on here soon on what I the position will entail. Because the weekend was mostly meetings and sitting in a room I do not have very many pictures. The best part of the weekend for me was being able to walk around and take pictures of the beautiful scenery all around. Here are a few of them... 
 
 
It was strange on Saturday afternoon it was sunny and warm and then all of the sudden a wind picked up and a storm blew in. The clouds were so interesting and I had to snap pictures fast and get inside so I would not get soaked by the rain.
 
 
 
 
The evening was very enjoyable. The different area teams had time to debrief about their days and make sure they had a plan for action. I am not part of an area team so I had some time to work on some blog posts, school stuff, and just relax. It was wonderful!
 
 
There was a little display set up about Alberta Girls' Parliament over the years and I came across these old notes sent from the pages to the delegates... some things never change!
 
 
The morning brought on a beautiful fog over the lake. It was so pretty and I loved being able to take pictures in the sunlight! It is only a matter of weeks before the snow starts to fall, so I enjoy the nice weather for as long as I can. :)
 
 
 
 
 
That's all for now! Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment