Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Girls' World Forum: One Year Later

It is hard to believe that it has already been a full year since I attended the Girls' World Forum in Chicago as the Canadian chaperone.
 
 
 
 I participated in a webinar today as a follow up for the Take Action projects that the delegates were to complete after the event. I took a few screenshots of the polls that were taken throughout the webinar and I will share them with you now.
 




 
It was very interesting to see what the other delegates had to say about the Forum and even though participation was limited I enjoyed hearing from the few who shared about their projects. I am hoping that there will be more opportunities to hear abut the Take Action Projects that are happening around the world.
 
One of the things that was talked about was a survey you can take online. The description on the website is "The United Nations and partners want to hear from YOU! MY World is a global survey asking you to choose your priorities for a better world. Results will be shared with world leaders in setting the next global development agenda. Tell us about the world you want, because your voice matters." The link is below and I hope that you will take it!
 
 
Overall I had a pretty good day reminiscing on the Girls' World Forum and I really hope that there are more events like this around the world for girls and young women to open their eyes to the world around them and make a change!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment