Saturday, July 20, 2013

Archives Adventures!

A few days ago the Provincial Guide office had all of their archived materials out for the public to see. Since I am both a Girl Guide and history buff I had to go! The pictures are pretty self explanatory, but I thought it would be cool to share some of the old uniforms, badges, and cookie boxes with you! Does anyone remember any of these things? Let me know!
 
 Guide Uniform 1925-1935 and Leader Uniform from 1964-1970
 
 Ranger Uniform 1976-1988
 
 Guide Uniform 1988-2002 (I had this uniform in the pants and striped shirt version)
 
Brownie Uniform 1972-1979
 
 Guide Uniform 1950-1963 (I think, I can't read the tag...)
 
 Awards, Certificates and Badges
 
 Leader Uniform 1987-present and Commissioner's Uniform 1925-1950's
 
Old Certificates
 
 Flag Toppers
 
 Cookie Boxes (hopefully the cookies aren't in there!)
 
More cookies
 
My favourite part, the AGP table! I had never seen the original mace so I thought that was really cool!
 
 Comparison of the two maces
 
And again...
 
 Original proclamation to start AGP
 
 Whistles, pens, and booklets oh my!
 
There were a few girls there to model some of the uniforms, it was cool to see them in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment