Sunday, March 6, 2011

I am still alive!

Hello Everyone,
I realize that it has been more than a few weeks, but I cannot believe that I have missed so many blog posts... I will try to make it up this time- I promise. Not a whole lot has happened on the front because I have been super busy with school. I sort of justify my decisions to focus on school instead of my projects because A) I am not paying tuition to work on the MDGs, B) I will have all summer to focus on my projects for next year, and C) by getting my education to become a teacher I am getting the skills and knowledge I will need to help others, particularly children, to work on their own goals to change things. In my social studies curriculum class we talk a lot about what it means to be a global citizen and I think the title is something that cannot be easily explained. When I think about the characteristics of a global citizen I often think about people who are worldly, compassionate, driven, and selfless. Someone who can look beyond themselves to see the rest of the world's needs, before their own. This kind of person seems like a superhero or a saint, but I think that the identity of a "global citizen" can be attained by anyone who has the desire to make a difference in the world and the drive to take action. That is my goal, to become a global citizen. I don't know about how I will judge when I have reached this goal, but it is a goal none the less. Wish me luck!
Until next time,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment