Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy International Women's Day!

Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to do a quick little post on the 100 anniversary of International Women's Day. I am so proud of how far women have come in the past hundred years. It is crazy to think that 100 years ago women could not vote, own property, or were even considered people! I wonder what the women of that time like the Famous Five would think of what women are doing today. I hope they are proud and I hope that in another hundred years there will be gender equality and women will be empowered to fight for what they believe in and stand up for themselves and their right to choose their own futures!
Take care,
Shannon


"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do."
-Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment