Friday, February 27, 2015

Visiting Pax Lodge for Thinking Day!

To continue our adventure through the World Centres we stopped in England to learn about Pax Lodge and celebrate Thinking Day with a cream tea. I apologize I don't have more pictures as almost all of the pictures I took were of the girls' faces and I don't want to post those online. Anyways we started out by talking a little bit about Pax Lodge, the name and meaning, where it is, and some of the things you can do there. My mom and I have been there, as well as a girl in our unit on a family trip, so we shared some badges and other things from Pax Lodge with the unit. 


I shared my UK necker that I traded with a friend at the Young Women's World Forum. This is one of my favourite Guiding things I have because it has so many memories attached to it. 

Next we played a traditional English game called Beetle that needs a piece of paper, pencil and dice. Each number on the dice is attached to a body part of a beetle. The object of the game is to draw a complete beetle, the girls loved it!  




Photo from Wikipedia

We also had a British slang game where we guessed what British words meant. Some of my favourites were wellies (rain boots), knackered (exhausted), and a li-lo (swimming pool air mattress).  The girls really enjoyed guessing the words and most of them did pretty well! 

The best part of the night was our cream tea where we had scones, cream, and raspberry jam, and of course tea! It was delicious and the girls had so much fun pretending they were having tea with the Queen. :)  


We finished our meeting by learning the Pax Lodge song and it has quickly become a favourite in our unit. It is a beautiful song and it was pretty easy to follow! 



Only one more stop on our grand adventure... Sangam! 

No comments:

Post a Comment