Sunday, November 10, 2013

October in Review!

 October was another busy month for me. (Is there ever not a busy month!?) I started it off with a visit to one of the Guide units in my district. I went to camp with them later on in the month and they wanted me to come to show them how to make a bedroll. I was very impressed by the girls, they did an awesome job! If you need to do a bedroll and are not sure how, you can watch this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7386_TVsxZg  


 
I attended the Commissioners Conference in Red Deer and it was a lot of fun. I am a deputy district commissioner so I found a lot of the information very helpful and I got to meet a number of other commissioners from around the province. The event was mostly training sessions so I did not take too many pictures, but I did take a few!
 
 
 
This is a picture from one of the training sessions I did. It is what my group decided a good commissioner should look like. Compassionate, a good listener, connected through technology, etc. It was interesting to see what we came up with and how similar the drawings were to each other.

 
The theme of the weekend was a "sleuthing out the answers" sort of thing- kind of a mix of CSI and James Bond. The Saturday evening activities included playing Clue (one of my favourite board games), jelly bean taste tests, and even a surprise visit from an "agent." It was a lot of fun to just hang out and relax playing games and getting to know other sisters in Guiding.
 
 
I attended a Sparks unit enrolment ceremony as well in October. It was the unit I was in last year so I was happy to see the girls who are now second years and the new girls to the unit as well. Each girl being enrolled got a flower from a returning Spark- it was a very sweet ceremony and I was so happy I got to go!
 


 
I saw this rock outside of the Guide House before one of my meetings and I was excited to take a picture of it to celebrate Alberta Girl Guides 100th Birthday!
 
 
I finished off my month at another Guide Camp! It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed seeing the seasons change from fall to winter overnight. I made a full post about this camp here.
 




 
Thanks for reading! So begins the winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment