Sunday, August 11, 2013

How to Pack for a Girl Guide Trip!

Hello! I realize that this post may sound a bit pretentious like "oh I have all the answers to packing" but I am all about sharing my knowledge with you (and I would have been thrilled to have this info when I started travelling with Guiding)! I have been on several trips with Guiding in my time and after several attempts of trying to figure out how to pack the things you need for a trip I have found one that works! Typically I use my backpack for travelling but since I will not be hopping on and off trains or trekking through airports to get to my gate on time so I chose to use my suitcase and day pack as my luggage. 


I always think it is important to travel in uniform or Guiding clothes when you are on a Girl Guide trip because you are representing the organization. I have A LOT of Guiding clothes so I also like to wear them for more than an hour a week. I have tried packing several different ways (simple folding, Ziploc bags, rolling...) and have found that mesh laundry bags work the best for me. 


I love having things organized- especially when I am away from home, less stress and anxiety! The first thing I do when I am packing is get everything I need and put it on my bed. Because I am doing this blog post now and did not have time to take pictures when I was actually packing I am just going to reenact this... You won't tell right!? :) 



I roll all of my clothes and put each type into a mesh bag- ex. Shirt in one, pants in another, etc. I also have a smaller bag for everything ( one for toiletries, one for electronics, one for shoes...) I really like bags! 


Here is an oh so thrilling shot of everything in my suitcase! I am also very impressed if you are still reading this! :) 


 

My suitcase has a fancy little cover zip thing that is kind of like a bag in a bag that I zip up to keep everything contained. I put my flat things like a swimming bag and towel in the top pocket. 




I love my little pink lock I use when I am travelling by plane! I find the combination one much easier than the keys because you don't have to worry about losing your key, just remember a three digit number. 



For my carry-on I always use a backpack. I find it much easier to keep track of things and get around the airport. I get as much as I can ready before I get to the airport (put my liquids in a Ziploc, keep electronics together, quadruple check I have my passport etc.) to avoid anxiety while checking in, going through security, and boarding. I am not a fan of the airport experience. :( I usually just line everything up in my backpack and then I am ready to go on my next big adventure! 




Thanks for reading I hope it was helpful! Talk to you soon,
Shannon





No comments:

Post a Comment