Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 2013: Camping and Training and Debating Oh My!

March was another crazy busy month for me. This post is probably going to be pretty short because it is 1 AM (Happy Easter!) and I am sleepy- but I was determined to get the March update up on time. Enjoy!
 
I started the month out at Brownie Camp- click here for a full post about it. I really did enjoy myself and it was great to meet some new people. I am looking forward to my next camp (potentially the end of April, for sure the May long weekend) so I can practice some of the new skills I learned with the Brownies.
 
 More snowman making at Brownie Camp!
 
 Some of the castles before they were painted.

 
The Multifaceted Training happened mid-March and I also did a full post on the event here. This was my first training weekend like this and I really learned a lot and had a great time- I will definitely be going to the next one!
 

 Me and my tiara- I felt a bit like Amy from Big Bang Theory :)
 
One of the stations during the round robin was to write a verse to "My Favourite Things," this is what my group came up with.
 
 At Sparks we taught the girls how to tie their scarves with a proper reef knot. I am so impressed by how well they did and how nice the ties look now. This meeting activity was also a part of a new project I am working on about Guiding traditions. Once I find the right music for the first one I will post it on my YouTube channel.

It's cookie time! One of the best parts of being a cookie receiver is getting pictures of all the cases all lined up! 


The biggest part of my month was the 42nd Session of Alberta Girls' Parliament. I was the activities coordinator this year and it was my last year on staff. I have been a part of AGP since I was first a page as a Guide and I think it is an amazing event that happens every year. I am currently working on a special post about this session that will be up next Saturday. For now just enjoy these pictures. :)
 

The delegates in the office of Premier Alison Redford at the Alberta Legislature.
 

 Me and my sisters all fancy in uniform. :)
 
All of the delegates and pages with our Honourary Lieutenant Governor Edna Dach at the parliamentary opening. 
 

 One of my favourite parts of this session was the photo booth we set up at the start of the event. Our theme was Alice in Wonderland and here are a few of us as Cheshire Cats as well as the full photo board displayed throughout the event.
 
 
One of the most inspiring things I saw this month was all a comic strip of about Malala Yousafzai (if you have never heard of her- you need to Google her!) and her story. She is such an amazing young woman and her story really is an inspiration. I definitely cried reading the comic and I cannot wait to read her book. You can see it here.
 
April will not be as busy as March, but it will still be a lot of fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment