Sunday, March 17, 2013

February: 28 Days- Most of them Guiding!

February was a big month for me! It started off with a bang at Sparks Friendship Camp and finished with a bang at Teacher's Convention.
Enjoy!
 
Because I did a huge post on Sparks Camp alone I will just say that camp was amazing! I had so much fun and it ran so smoothly! Here are a few more pictures I didn't post...

 
Me and the Grinch! He is made of 2 large gift bags- one for the body and one for the head, arms, and legs. The face is hand drawn and eyes and heart are card stock.
 
 
This is paradise for me- out at camp with the sun shining. :)
 
 
Every Valentine's Day my Sparks unit goes to a seniors residence to sing for the seniors and do crafts and play games with them. It was very cool to see the girls come out of their shells and really interact with the seniors.
 
 
Valentine crafts they made!
 
 
 
 
I was lucky to be a part of a Thinking Day celebration at West Edmonton Mall- it was awesome even though I was very sick... Definitely brought on the goosebumps!
 
 
It is always fun to have a beach party in the middle of winter so that is what we did! We pulled out a parachute, made beach scenes on paper plates, and sang one of my favourite songs- Super California Expert Surfer on the Ocean.
 
LYRICS:



 
To the tune of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Super California surfer, expert of the ocean.
Even though the most of them
Do not use suntan lotion.
When they hit the waves too hard
They always cause a motion.
Super California surfer, expert of the ocean.

Um didle iddle iddle um diddle lie,
Um didle iddle iddle um diddle lie,

Because I was afraid to surf
When I was just a lad,
My father took my board away
And told me I was bad.
But when I learned the word
That every surfer knows,
The biggest word you ever heard,
And this is how it goes...

Super California surfer, expert of the ocean.
Even though the most of them
Do not use suntan lotion.
When they hit the waves too hard
They always cause a motion.
Super California surfer, expert of the ocean. 
 
 
 I finished off my month with Teacher's Convention which was really cool. One of my favourite parts was hearing the group The Buried Life speak. It was really inspirational and reminded me about my own Bucket List. :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment