Sunday, February 24, 2013

World Thinking Day 2013!

On Tuesday February 19 my district and our neighbouring district had a celebration at a local church and I was asked to give a little speech about what I have been able to do because of Girl Guides. I had no problem writing it and the hardest part was keeping it down to 5 minutes! Here is a video of it if you would like to hear what I had to say...

 
 
 The Rangers of the District completely planned the event and they wanted to have a special project at the end of the event. One of the service projects members in our area are working on is making quilts to give to organizations like the SPCA, hospitals, seniors' centres etc. The Rangers got each unit to come up with a word that represented the world they want for girls- the theme of the ceremony. My little Sparks came up with the word "hope" which I thought was very cool.
 
 
 
 On real Thinking Day (Friday February 22) I joined the rest of my area at West Edmonton Mall where we had a singing celebration at exactly 7:22 PM. We started with the song "One Voice" which made me cry because that song is so beautiful and was sung beautifully. Next we did my favourite Guiding song of all time "On My Honour" which is what the video below shows. We finished off the singing part with Happy Birthday to Alberta Girl Guides and Taps.
 
 
 
 
After the singing most of the girls headed to Galaxyland for an exclusive event just for Girl Guides! I was not able to go because I was pretty sick the night before, but I heard it was a lot of fun!  
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment