Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Girls World Forum Day Six!

Technically the Forum is over and I am sitting on an airplane on my way back to Edmonton but I still have so much to say! This post is mainly to say thank you. Thank you to the GWF planning team, Girl Scouts USA, WAGGGS, and the Marriot Hotel on Michigan Avenue, and all of the participants of this wonderful event. I have made so many friends and relationships with girls and young women from around the world and I hope they had as good a time as I did. Thank you also to Girl Guides of Canada for allowing me to have a second once in a lifetime experience representing the organization I love so much and supporting the delegates in their take action projects.

Now I have not won an Oscar so I will continue on :)

Finally I would just like to give a word of advice to all of the changemakers who attended the Forum. Always remember that you have something to offer this world, something that will change it for the better. Don't give up if you hit a roadblock- get some support and keep on travelling down the road to a better future for everyone. I hope that the Girls World Forum 2012 is something that you will remember for the rest of your life and you will harness your potential and go!

 


"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people, can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment