Friday, February 11, 2011

Just a quick update...


I know, I know it has been a few weeks, but honestly I haven’t had a whole lot to talk about. School has been pretty busy and I haven’t had a whole lot of time to work on YWWF stuff, but Reading Week is coming soon! I cannot wait to have a whole week off to relax and get caught up on stuff. A few exciting things have happened since the last time I wrote so I will share those with you now.
1) I am lined up for a total of THREE (!) presentations at a unit, area, and provincial level! My first one is coming up right away on February 20 and the other two are later on. On the 20th I will be speaking to a group of young women that I have known since they were little (Sparks, Brownies, Guides) and I was their Pathfinder leader a few years ago so I know them quite well. I am looking forward to talking to them because I feel like they will really listen to what I have to say and because I see them quite often I can help them if they want to start any projects of their own. 
2) A few days ago I got an email from Our World, the WAGGGS magazine, asking for me to do an interview about the Forum. I was really excited because that is a huge opportunity for me to get my message out on a global scale! I never thought that I would say that something I have done would go global!  I hope that I sound okay in the interview because it would pretty embarrassing to mess up in an international magazine…

Overall I am pleased with how I am doing so far (except for the gaps in between blog posts, but I will work on that.) Thanks for listening and happy February!
Until next time,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment