Monday, April 29, 2013

Pathfinder Skills Camp!

I spent the weekend at Pathfinder Skills Camp- a training of sorts for Pathfinders to help them prepare for their 3rd year camp (previously known as Gold Camp). I was one of the trainers and I trained on paperwork and budgets and themes and schedules. I enjoyed teaching the girls based on my experiences and knowledge.
 
I arrived at the camp earlier than everyone else so I grabbed my book and went and sat in the gazebo, my favourite place at the campsite. It was so calm and peaceful knowing that I was the only one out there.
 
 
Here are the sheets I gave to the girls for their reference. If you would like better copies please email girlguideforchange@hotmail.com. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Friday night, and throughout the weekend, we made these adorable camp hat crafts. My personal favourite is the tray of cookies and the toilet paper- they are so cute!
 
 
 
We played camping bingo as one of the sessions and it was a lot of fun. Each square was associated with a challenge that had to be completed like hugging a birch tree or making music with nature (my personal favourite being the squelching of rubber boots in mud.)
 

 
 
There was a Leave No Trace "crime scene" set up as one of the sessions that was really neat. There is something in the crime scene that goes against one of the principles of  Leave No Trace.
 

 
 
The beautiful sunset from the deck of Trefoil House. I love it out at camp!!
 
 
We did leather stamping Saturday night. I had never done it before so it was a lot of fun! Here is my bookmark- no pattern, just stamps I liked.
 
 
This delicious treat is a strawberry with marshmallow fluff, toasted over the fire, and topped with chocolate sauce. It was wonderful, but I preferred it without the chocolate but I think caramel would be amazing!
 
 
Look at the beautiful sky Sunday morning! I just love how clear it is- Spring is FINALLY here!
 
 
I was obviously very happy that the sun was shining and we had a good weekend. :)
 
 
This is just a short little post about my weekend, I didn't take many pictures because I was so busy, but I hope this gives you an idea of what the weekend was like.
Talk to you later!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment