Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Edmonton Heritage Festival!

I spent the Monday of the August long weekend at one of the most popular events in Edmonton- Heritage Days. It is my personal favourite festival because I love culture and learning about cultures from around the world. It is at events like this that I am so proud to be a Canadian because there are hundreds of different cultures and customs all living in one space and we all (for the most part) get along really well. I took my little sister in Big Brothers and Big Sisters and she loved it! Her favourite tent was the Ghana tent and she wanted to learn more about the country. I like trying the new foods and experiencing the music, dancing, and stories from around the world. It was also really cool to go to nearly every tent and be able to say that I knew someone from pretty much every display. :)
That's all for now but here is a picture of my Henna tattoo.



Until next time,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment