Thursday, August 4, 2011

Perspective

Today I went to the funeral for one of my really good friend's step mom and it really gave me some perspective. She battled with cancer for nineteen years and never lost hope or faith in her family, herself, or her goals and dreams. The people who gave the eulogies all talked about living each day to the fullest and never leaving things until tomorrow. It made me think that I am not working hard enough or fast enough on my projects. I am also working on figuring out what to do to make myself accesible and open to helping others with their own goals and dreams. I want to help people to make change and I know that the first thing to do is get myself together so I can help others have success. If that doesn't make sense I apologize... I have a lot of thoughts and feelings right now that are not translating into words properly.

I just want to end with a quick thought that was shared at the funeral: Don't live like you are dying, live like you are living. That is what I will do for the rest of my life and I hope that this idea will inspire me to make time for my MDG work and other Guiding committments.

No comments:

Post a Comment