Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thoughts on the Election (Round Two)

*This is the second time I have written this*

I am sitting in my living room right now watching the Leader's Debate for the federal election that is happening at the beginning of May. I find it very interesting to hear what they have to say based on questions sent in by Canadians from across the country. One of the topics was how Canada can redeem itself on the global stage. I find this topic very interesting especially listening to the different responses from the different political parties. I'm sorry but a bunch of men in suits should not (and in my opinion do not) make up what the world thinks about Canada. It is the people and the communities and the families that make a country what it is, not the government. I hope that I am not alone in thinking that the government is not the only thing that can make change in Canada. I believe that I have the power to make a difference in my community and I know Girl Guides and other members of society that can make a change in their community and then- BAM the entire country has changed. This is how change can happen and this is how change should happen, not just through governments or politics.
 
I know I sound a bit rant-y but I think it is important to show that I care about what will happen in my country and I have the responsibility as a Canadian citizen to make my voice heard. There are people all over the world that are fighting and dying for their right to vote so we as Canadians need to use our right, our responsibility to shape what our government looks like and what they choose to do. It doesn't matter who you vote for or why you vote for a specific party just make your voice heard and vote on May 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment